Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Alison is a Forgetful Fran

Ok, you caught me. I forgot to post yesterday.

Here was the WOD for Tuesday, 3 March:

Pull-up Ladder (1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1)
L-sit Pull-up Ladder (1,2,3,3,2,1)
5 Minute Rest
Hand2Hand Kettlebell Drill
5 Rounds
1 min work/30 sec rest
Flip Push Press
Round the World Uppercut
Hot Potato Flip Squat OR High Pull Split Squat

Did the Pull-up Ladder all on the blue band. Can do the L-sit but not the Pull-up that goes with it so I did a separate Pull-up instead with the blue band.

Did the kb workout with the 20lb kb. I had to modify the Hot Potato Flip Squat into the plain old Hot Potato Squat. Catching the flip was killing my elbow, which I already tweaked playing a rather loud and mouthy game of Hoover Ball last Friday. The High Pull Split Squat is a bit out of my reach. I am just not confident in throwing the kb around. Well, the throwing isn't bad. It's the catching them that is the problem.

Today's WOD:

Back Squat
1x1x1x1x1x1x1
(warm up 6x4x2)

Warmed up with 95 lbs figuring if I can bench it I can squat it. Add more weight for the rest of the warm up. Started the work out with 145 lbs. Thinking this was too easy I then tried 155 lbs for the next two. Have some very concerned looks from Jason and Kathryn, I went back down to 145 lbs for the next 3 reps. Feeling more confident. I went back up to 155 lbs for the last rep. I did it so easily that we did an 8th rep where I was at 155 lbs.

This is the most I have ever squatted in my entire life. Over all, this has been a good weight-lifting week for Alison.

No comments:

Post a Comment