Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Alison Really Hates Pull-Ups

Tuesday, 24 March

WOD: 10 Rounds for Time

3 Weighted Pull-ups (45lbs)
5 Deadhang Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-ups

Oh yeah, this was a fantastic workout. And by fantastic I mean painful and humiliating. Ok, not really humiliating. So basically since I can't yet do real Pull-ups, I did 10 rounds (and oh yes, I stayed until I finished them all) of 5 Negative Pull-ups and 10 Pull-ups with my good mint-flavored friend, the Blue Band, who I will now refer to as Ol' Blue. For some reason, Ol' Blue smells like Thin Mints, which is kind of motivating. Surprisingly, I managed to do all the Pull-ups with Ol' Blue and did not have to move up to the Green Band (which, coincidentally, does NOT smell like Thin Mints). I don't know how long it took me, but I am sure it was over 30 minutes. In fact, we decided not to do it for time because we had to share bars. Even then it took so long that midway through, the workout was changed to "As many rounds as you can before the end of class." Overall, it was good Pull-up practice. I still can't feel my forearms.

No comments:

Post a Comment