Saturday, March 14, 2009

Alison's Friday and Saturday

Saturday, 12 March

WOD:
M.E. Bench Press
5,5,3,3,1,1

5 minute rest

Every minute on the minute for 15 minutes:
5 Dumbbell Deadlifts
5 Dumbbell Hang Cleans
5 Dumbbell Thrusters

Dan and I did the the bench press on the floor for floor presses because we only have 2 benches and there were a lot of peeps at the workout today. The first 5 I did 30lbs (15lbs each), then 40lbs, 50lbs, 80lbs, and 90lbs. I tried 100lbs 3 separate times but just couldn't do it. Kind of made me mad. Grrrrr. Next time.

For the 15 minute section, I started with 25lbs dumbbells and used those for 2 rounds. Then...I went down to 20lbs. I did 5 reps for each but not on the minute, taking at least a 30 second break between each round. My goal was do to 15 rounds of 5 reps of each and I did. Very tired afterward.

Friday, 13 March

WOD:
Tabata Push-ups
800m Run
Tabata Pull-ups
800m Run
Tabata Sit-ups
800m Run

1 minute rest between rounds.

I tried to do the Tabata Push-ups doing true Push-ups and made it through about 6 rounds. Maybe 5. I forget. Then I had to do modified ones. I did about 80 Push-ups total. The Tabata Pull-ups nearly killed me. I used the blue band and got really good at "the hang." Tabata Sit-ups were no problem at all. I averaged 12 a round. The 800m runs were fine. I was faster than usual, which isn't saying a whole lot because I am pretty slow to begin with. I can't decide which I hate more--Pull-ups or running.

Looking forward to resting my noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment