Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler and Other Feats of Strength

Apologies for the absence. We moved last week and it took us awhile to get back online, despite our best efforts to coordinate with the illustrious cable company to make a smooth transition. So you missed a whole week of updates. Let's get back at it, shall we?

Sunday, 5 April 2009

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Both of us, as well as Jeff from the gym, ran the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. This was my second 10 mile race and this time I went in cold turkey. I decided not to train specifically for it mostly because I hate running and running hates me. So, I relied on my CrossFit training to get me through it. I wasn't running for time, I was just running to do it. I have no idea how long it took me because I was in one of the slower waves and I didn't pass the starting line until well after the gun. I do know I that I kept the same pace the entire time and I didn't feel like dying afterwards. The best part was that my knees didn't hurt and I didn't have to deal with shin splints. Why, you ask? Well, because I didn't run any more than I had too before the race. I am never going to train for a race again. AWESOME! A big thanks to Matt and Paloma for coming out to cheer us on!

Saturday, 4 April

WOD: 4 Rounds For Time
10 Burpees
50m Sprint
10 Squats
50m Sprints
10 Diamond Push-ups
50m Sprint
10 Tuck Jumps
50m Sprint
10 Plyometric Push-ups
50m Sprint
10 Lateral Jumps
50m Sprint

This one was rough, but great. I have not sprinted in so long, but I did it. I had to do modified Burpees, Diamond Push-ups, and Plyometric Push-ups, but they were still extremely tough and my triceps hate me today. The Squats and Lateral Jumps killed my already tired legs (we did an awesome Squat WOD earlier in the week) but after the first round they were warmed up and didn't bother me too much. I finished in 24:19.

No comments:

Post a Comment