Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dirrrrty Thirrrrty

I thought I was going to be in a lot worse shape today. A lot worse shape. The fact that I got out of bed and made it to work being only slightly stiff and sore is a great sign after yesterday's awesomely fantastic WOD.

Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo (that one's for you Matt, my Mexican friend. Ole!)

WOD: Dirty Thirty

3 Rope Ascents
30 HSPUs
30 Ring-Dips
30 Double Unders
30 Wall Balls
30 Lunges 15L/15R
3 Rope Ascents
30 Pull-Ups
30 BURPEES (ahhhh!)
30 Box Jumps
30 Clean & Jerks 95/65lbs
30 Rowed Calories
30 Overhead Squats 45/25lbs
3 Rope Ascents

I am going to start of by fully admitting that I tried my hardest to climb the knotted rope. In my head I said I was going to do it. I was. Really. The first rope ascent I attempted, I got to the second to the top knot and had to come back down because I am truly terrified to be up that high with just a rope and the strength of my arms to support me. I can do the net. I love climbing the net. The net is supportive and I can weave my arms and legs in to prevent myself from falling. But since that wasn't an option I did the Rope Ascents by hoisting myself off the ground 5 times for each ascent. Other than that pitiful excuse, the rest of the workout went fabulously:

I actually did all 30 of the HSPUs. Correctly, even. I didn't get all the way to the ground but I got further than the last time I did them. I still have problems with modified ring dips so I did them off a box with my feet elevated. The Double Unders were fine and I finished them in a short amount of time with relatively little shin smacking. I used the 12lb ball for the Wall Balls and they are looking pretty good! I can throw it up to 10 feet now, so that in an improvement. Lunges were good. I used Ol' Blue for the Pull-Ups as per usual. Also, after Monday's WOD, the 30 Burpees, though not enjoyable, were not too bad being that we only had to crank out 30 and be done with them. Used the 24 in box for the Box Jumps, 65lbs for the Clean & Jerks, rowed 30 calories (it took about 2.5 minutes) and used 45lbs for the overhead squats.

This workout took well over an hour for almost everyone to complete but it was worth every second. I think it might be my new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment