Thursday, May 7, 2009

It WAS an Nice Day for Running

Yesterday's WOD was a beast. I was nervous at first because of the running and my dislike for running anything over 400m. I even dislike running 400m. Anyway, I was anticipating having a harder time completing the workout than I actually did.

Wednesday, 6 May

WOD: A Nice Day for Running

1 Mile Run
100 Air Squats
1 Mile Run
50 SDLHP 95/65lbs
1 Mile Run
100 Push-Ups
1 Mile Run
50 Push Press 95/65lbs

Despite my questionable lap counting skills, I did fairly well on this one. Running 4 miles was not too bad. I knew I could do it, I just didn't want to. The 100 Air Squats were a little challenging after the warm up (which included 5 rounds of wall ball wall sits and planks) but I finished them in good time nonetheless. I used the prescribed weight for the SDLHP and really tried to focus on form. I did 50 true Push-Ups and 50 modified Push-Ups, trying to be consistent with my last round of 100 Push-Ups (which I think was when we did Angie a couple of weeks ago). I used the prescribed weight for the Push Presses. They took me a little longer to do but I did them all and feel pretty dang good about it. I am not sure what time we finished, but I think it was over an hour again. Great workout. Afterwards, we did a good ab workout just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment