Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kelly

I was completely exhausted yesterday, which is pathetic since it was only Tuesday. We did Kelly. This was my first attempt at this WOD.

Tuesday, 20 May

WOD: Kelly

5 Rounds for Time:

400m Run
30 Wall Balls
30 Box Jumps

The 400m Runs went well, but the last couple of rounds were a bit shaky after the Box Jumps. I used a 12lb ball for the Wall Balls and was able to throw it 10 ft consistently. I am amazed at how far I have come since we started. I started with the 8lb ball and struggled and now the 12lb ball is almost too easy. The key word in the previous sentence is almost. If the workout is for time, I will continue to use the 12lb ball until it is too easy. If not, I will use the 16lb to get stronger. Anyway, I used the 24in box for Box Jumps. We had to share the boxes and it actually worked out pretty well because you got a couple seconds rest between each jump so you could really make each jump count. Sure, it might have slowed us down, but who cares? If you're not doing it right, it doesn't matter anyway. I finished in either 30:04 or 34 min. I would like to think it was 30:04 but I have a sneaking suspicion it was really 34 min. Maybe next time it will be 30:04:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment