Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, Monday

This past weekend went way too fast. I spent most of it driving in a car to and from Ohio. I am super stiff and sore from the marathon drive so today's workout is going to be just awesome. But before that, here is the rundown for Thursday and Friday of last week.

Friday, 8 May

WOD: Nancy (AKA, Jason's Fave)

5 Rounds for Time:

400m Run
15 Overhead Squats 95/65lbs

Much debate went into today's workout since everyone was pretty much dead from the earlier workouts of the week. After much whining on everyone's part, Jason finally made the executive decision to do Nancy. I like this workout. I used the prescribes weight and really concentrated on the correct OHS form. It obviously broke down the more tired I got, but I managed to finish in 20:27. This was the first time I used the prescribed weight for the entire workout. I have done Nancy once before but did not time myself on it.

We (being Kathryn and myself) are taking a vote on whether Jason should, in fact, change his name to Nancy since this is his favorite workout. I suggested we change the workout to "Jason," but apparently there is already one named that, so this is the only other solution. Results of the vote are inconclusive.

Thursday, 7 May

WOD:

Bench Press
Romanian Deadlifts
Weight Pull-Up Ladder

For the Bench Press we did different sets/reps, with the last 3 sets of 5 being the working sets. Because of the number of people there, I did the Bench Press off the floor. My heaviest weight was 90 lbs. I used that for 1 set and then had to go down to 85 lbs. My arms were tired. For the RDL, my heaviest weight was 115lbs. I used those for 3 sets of 10 after warming up with 85lbs and 105 lbs (10 reps each).

The Weighted Pull-Up Ladder was as follows: 1,2,3,4,3,2,1/1,2,3,2,1/1,2,3,2,1. I did one real dead hang Pull-Up. No frog leg kicking or anything! It was the only one I could muster, but I did it. I used Ol' Blue for the rest. I think I am getting close to being able to do at least 5 dead hang Pull-Ups with no help as long as my arms aren't completely fried. That is pretty much sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment