Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Short Explanation of the Word Burpee and Other Horrible Tortures

About 2 rounds into the WOD yesterday, I figured out why a Burpee is called a Burpee. Mostly it is because the combination of squatting/kicking/push-up/jumping/jump-clapping movement (if you're doing it right) will make you either partially or fully revisit your previous meal each and every time you perform one. I don't think I ever want to eat a tuna panini again.

Monday, 4 May

WOD: Hansen

5 Rounds For Time:
30 KB Swings
30 Burpees
30 GDH Sit-Ups

After a "warm-up" (read: pre-workout workout) of KB swings, we commenced with the glory that is the Hansen. I used a 30lb KB for the swings and did surprisingly well. The Burpees, well...see above. I did every.single.one. We all switched between GDH Sit-Ups and Ab-Mat Sit-Ups because we have only 1 GDH machine. I did about 50 total on the GDH machine, which was good considering that we were supposed to try to do at least 10 per round on it. I am not good an math, but 10 GDH Sit-Ups x 5 Rounds=50 GDH Sit-Ups. I finished in 35:45. My new favorite quote is:

"I prefer being 'Water Boarded' over Burpees."
- Dave

I concur.

No comments:

Post a Comment