Monday, May 4, 2009

There's a First Time for Everything

I was slightly busy this weekend creating the best cakes ever and watching the DC Divas destroy the Pittsburgh Passion. I also can't believe it is May already. Here is the rundown:

Saturday, 2 May

WOD: KettleBells

5 Rounds 1 Minute Work/30 Seconds Rest

Swing Flips
Upper Cuts
Alternating Squats

I used a 25lb KB for this WOD and made it through the whole thing pretty consistently. This was the first time I completed a KB workout with 25lbs. I finally got the hang of the flips but I could only do them on every other swing to get the timing right. And I only flung it across the gym once!

Friday, 1 May

WOD: 5 Rounds for Time

5 Hand-Stand Push-Ups
10 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
15 Burpees
20 KettleBell Swings

This was the first time I attempted to do non-modified Handstand Push-Ups. I actually managed to go down a tiny bit. Not all the way, but a lot more than previously. It'll get better. Did the Pull-Ups with Ol' Blue and I am getting better at those. Contrary to popular belief and the name of this blog (which was NOT created by me, thanks very much), I hate burpees. Really, I do. Used 25lbs for the KB swings. I finished in 26:02 and beat Dan by exactly 2 whole minutes. That pretty much never happens at all. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment