Monday, June 8, 2009

And We're Back!

I have been slightly busy lately. Let's catch up.

Monday, 8 June

WOD:

5 Rounds for Time:

20 Squats
20 Push-Ups
20 Sit-Ups

I borrowed this one from Eva T from CrossFit Santa Cruz. I am currently in Columbia, South Carolina and needed a bunch of body weight workouts to do while I am down here since the gym at the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Whenever she posts, she always includes a body weight WOD and I thought I would try them out. This one is deceptively hard. I started out the WOD with a warm up that included wall sits and planks as well as some stretching and abs. I completed the 5 rounds in 12:58. The Squats were fine and I did 50 true Push-Ups and 50 modified ones. The Sit-Ups were not too bad either. Did some abs afterward. Not the same as at the gym though.

Sunday, 7 June

Rest Day

Saturday, 6 June

WOD: Lynne

5 Rounds for Max Reps of:

Body Weight Bench Press
Pull-Ups

We did a really tough but awesome warm up. It was a partner warmup, where one of us ran 400m and the other did Burpees till they came back. It was goo because you wanted to run faster to get your partner out of the Burpees faster. We did well. The WOD was good but we didn't have time to finish. We got through 4 rounds before the next class came in. I did 80 lbs with dumbbells: 10,10,7,8. I used Ol' Blue for the Pull-Ups: 10,9,7,6. Not bad but I can do better.

Friday, 5 June

WOD:

As Many Rounds as You Can Do in 20 minutes:

5 Bulgarian Pull-Ups
5L/5R KB Upper Cuts
Waiters Walk

For the Pull-Ups, instead of the rings I used a barbell. Not quite the same movements as the rings but I did all the rounds with it without modifying them, so I felt good about that. I used the 25 lb KB for the Upper Cuts and Waiters Walk. I did 10 rounds. It was a great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment