Monday, June 22, 2009

Back from the Heart of It All

Ok, so...last week was basically a blur for me as I was in Ohio for some fantastic wedding festivities. I managed to sneak in 3 body weight workouts but I won't bore you with the details because the better WOD was the following:

Wednesday, 17 June

WOD: Marriage Madness

11 Rounds for Time:
Bake, Construct, and Decorate a Wedding Cake

So basically what happened is that my sister wanted 10 separate smallish wedding cakes to use as center pieces at every other table at the reception plus a more wedding-ish cake for her and her husband Jon to cut. So I made them. I started baking at approximately 9 am on Wednesday and finished baking at approximately 2 pm on Thursday. As they were ready, I constructed the layers of each cake, with construction and icing being completely finished on Friday at 8 am. All the cakes were completely finished by 1 am Saturday morning. It went like this, as I don't count breaks for eating and sleeping in this workout:

Wednesday: baked, constructed, and iced from 9 am to 5 pm and then again from 7 pm to 10 pm for a total of 11 hours
Thursday: continued baking, constructing, and icing from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm and then again from 8:30 pm to 1 am for a total of 13.5 hours
Friday: Continued icing from 8 am to 3:30 pm and then again from 9:30 pm to 1 am for a total of 11 hours
Saturday: Delivered the cakes and put the final touches on them from 9:30 am to 11:30 am for a total of 2 hours

Total time: 37.5 hours.

And that was how I spent my week. It pretty much rocked. I am, however, looking forward to getting back to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment