Friday, June 26, 2009

When Burpees are the Easiest Part of the WOD...

...you know it is going to be a tough one. Jason concocted a rather challenging workout for yesterday. This time, however, I don't think I would have been the first on the slave ship to pass out and get thrown to the sharks. Things must be getting better.

Thursday, 25 June

WOD:

Row 5k

AMRAP in 20 Minutes of:

5 Handstand Push-Ups
10 Burpees
15 Ring Dips

I rowed the 5k without stopping in 24:02. I have never done that before, so know I know I could make it at least 3.1 miles on a slave ship. Cool.

The second part of the WOD was a bit difficult. I did the HSPU off of a box. The Burpees were easy (wait, what?). I started with Jumping Ring Dips but had to move to the box after 3 rounds because my shoulders were burnt out so bad from previous WODs and rowing. That is ok, though. I finished 6 rounds and was 2/3s of my way into the 7th when time was called. Not too bad, but I would like to attempt HSPU on a day when my arms don't feel like they are going to fall off at any given second. Maybe Dan and I can practice synchronized HSPU at home. He will be embarrassed I said that, but it is ok. He never reads this anyway;-)

BBQ tonight! Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Synchronized rowing? Don't think Dan will be up for that. However, I'd love to see him do a turkish get-up using you as the kettlebell. I've seen three other CF husband-wife pairs doing that. Get to work! :)

    ReplyDelete