Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Gentleman's Agreement

Yesterday's workout was tough and I am really feeling it today. Especially in those darn callouses. Ah well, such is life.

Friday, 17 July

WOD:

USSS Snatch Test:

KB Snatches for 10 minutes (24kg/12kg)

5 Minute Rest

3 Rounds for Time:

30 Hang Power Snatches (75/45lbs)
30 Wall Balls

For the KB snatches, I used the 25lb KB, which is the closest we could get to 12kg. I was able to do 180 KB snatches in 10 minutes, which is more than "pathetic" (100) and less than the goal (200). Overall, I felt pretty good about it. I must say my favorite part of the WOD was the 5 minute rest. We moved on to the 3 rounds. I used a 45lb bar and a 12lb ball for those and finished in 17:28. Jason warned us that our grip would start to fail and guess what! He was right (as usual). I really enjoyed this workout.

Thursday, 16 July was a rest day for me. I had some important cake-related issues with which to deal.

Wednesday, 15 July

This was choose your own ending day at the gym. You had your choice of one or the other. However, I am sure if it was Andrew's class, we would have done both.

WOD: Nancy

5 Rounds for Time:

400m Run
15 OHS (95/65)

OR

3 Rounds for Time:

100ft Lunge
50 Squats
25 Back Extensions
400m Run

I opted for the second one, being that my arms and shoulder were burnt from Monday's and Tuesday's WODs. Originally, the 400m Run was not a part of it, but we added it in to make it even more challenging. I finished strong but do not know what my time was. Good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment