Friday, August 7, 2009

Bench Press Makes My Life Better

Apologies for being lax in updating. Quitting your job from an evil corporation takes up a lot of your time.

Unto bigger and better news: I maxed out my floor press at 135lbs. I did 125 with no problem and managed to squeak out one rep at 135. I am almost there! Yesssssssssssss. This is big news because I previously could not break 100lbs. I have not done bench or floor presses in MONTHS with a bar. I was so excited.

Here are the WOD results from the past few days:

Thursday, 6 August

WOD: 5 Rounds for Time of:

40 Squats
30 KB Snatches (15/L/15R)
20 Box Jumps
Frog Hops

This was a great workout but took me a long time to complete. I used a 30lb KB for the Snatches through the whole WOD and that slowed me down a lot. I was ready for the challenge though, as the 25lb is getting slightly too easy. I used the two tallest boxes fro the Box Jumps and, to be quite honest, the Frog Hops weren't that bad. I finished in 40:35.

Wednesday, 5 August:

WOD:

Max Effort Floor Press

3x3x3x1x1x1

This was the glorious exercises that made me feel like I sucked a little less at CrossFit. Max? Oh yeah, 135.

As Many Rounds As Possible in 20 Minutes:

15 Diamond Push-Ups
10 Ring Dips
Push Press 95/65lbs

I have been able to do true Diamond Push-Ups just recently and I can't do too many of them yet, but I did a few before I had to switch to modified. I did Jumping Ring Dips and kept those up pretty well, though they were failing during the last round. I used 65lb for the Push Press. I managed to get though 7 rounds.

Tuesday, 4 August

WOD: Daniel (A nice coincidence since it was our anniversary)

For Time:

50 Pull-Ups
400m Run
21 Thrusters
800m Run
21 Thrusters
400m Run
50 Pull-Ups

Because of the amount of people in class, I started with the Thrusters and used 65lbs for them. I had to use Ol' Blue for the Pull-Ups but I managed to do them. I would really like to learn how to kip because i think I could kipping Pull-Ups. The running went well. actually. My back has been locking up lately when I run but it didn't today. I finished in 30:46.



No comments:

Post a Comment