Saturday, August 22, 2009

Psh, Please

So the last few days have been good at the gym. I always love playing Hoover Ball no matter how much my elbows hurt.

Friday, 21 August

WOD: Hoover Ball

We played for almost two hours. About 10 minutes in, I caught a ball the twisted my arm in such a way that it makes my tendinitis or whatever it is occur, rendering said arm basically useless. At least it was my left arm. Still fun!

Thursday, 20 August

WOD:

Max Effort Box Squat
3x3x3x1x1x1

5 Rounds of:

400m Run
6 Traveling Burpees
1 Rope Climb
20 Ball Slams

I did not care for the Max Effort Box Squats. It hurt my shoulders more than anything else. Maybe I will go down in weight next time to work on form, but where you have to hold the bar, I don't know if that will help. We'll see. I prefer regular squats.

The rest of the workout went well. It was HOT out. Not good conditions for running, but you know, I manned up and got through it. The traveling Burpees were not too bad sand I am glad we only had to do six. I managed to do all 5 Rope Climbs using the "monkey method" on the net. I don't have a better term for it, but it is where you climb the net using only one section, going straight up. It is faster I think. Anyway, my grip didn't fail, even on the last one, so that is cool. I used a 16lb ball for the Ball Slams. I don't know my time but I took minimal breaks and felt absolutely wretched afterwards, meaning I probably did alright. I hope the heat here goes away soon. It is making outdoor portions of WODs awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment