Thursday, August 13, 2009

Whimpering Indicates Failure

As I have been trying to adjust to my new work schedule the last few days, I have neglected my poor little blog. Here are the results from my last 2 WODs.

Thursday, 14 August

WOD: Lynne

5 Rounds for Max Reps of:

Body weight Bench Press
Pull-Ups

We stared out doing floor presses since both benches were being used. We really need to get more of those if we are going to increase strength workouts. Anyway, the first round I used 95lbs and then 105lbs for the rest. The last round we got to use a bench for, so it all worked out. Here were my reps for Bench Press: 10, 8, 9, 6, 7. The Pull-Ups were alright. I did three unassisted the first round then six using Ol' Blue. Round 2 I did straight dead hang, and rounds 3-5 I did kipping. My reps were: 9, 10, 12, 13, 9. You were to do each round till failure. A lot of the failure was preceded by a good amount of whimpering.

Wednesday I rested.

Tuesday, 12 August

WOD: 5 Rounds for Time of:

400m Run
25 Wall Balls
25 Burpees

This one was good but I struggled mightily. I used a 12lb ball for the Wall Balls. The managed to find a good pace for the Burpees where I could do them all in one shot for at least the first three rounds. The last two were a bit shaky, but that is ok. Running was...well, it was running. I predicted this WOD would take about 40 minutes and I finished in 39:25. Not too shabby. The Burpees'll kill ya every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment