Sunday, September 6, 2009

Best Fran Time Yet and Other WODs

This past week was a good workout week. The WODs were challenging and the weather seemed to finally break so it wasn't as hot and humid.

Saturday, 5 September

WOD:

2 Rounds for Time of:

Fight Gone Bad (Wall Balls/SDLHP/Box Jumps/Push Press/Row) with 400m Run

So basically in this workout, you partnered up and did one of the FGB exercises while your partner ran 400m. This was alright, except it took so long to do, most groups only got through one full round before we had to quit.

Friday, 4 September

Warmup: Fran

21-15-9
Thrusters 95/65
Pull Ups

WOD:

3 Rounds of:

400m Run
30 Overhead Squats 75/55
10 Pull-Ups

So my new Fran time is 6:13. I used 65lbs for the Push Press and Ol' Blue for the Pull Ups. I am pleased.

For the rest of the WOD, I used 55lbs for the OHS and Ol' Blue for the Pull Ups. It was supposed to be for time, but we did it for completion instead. Overall, a good workout.

Thursday, 4 September

WOD:

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

20 Wall Ball Hang Cleans
15 Lunges per side
10 Plyo Push Ups

The Wall Ball Hang Cleans were harder than anticipated. I used a 12lb ball. The lunges were the easiest part of the workout and were not a problem. I opted for walking lunges outside because it was cooler. For the Plyo Push Ups, I did Clapping Push Ups instead. There was a shortage of medicine balls to be used for Plyo Push Ups, so I had to improvise. I got through 4 rounds. Not too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. Since when does Fran include push-presses...and more importantly, since when is Fran a WARMUP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my bad, I meant Thrusters. My brain hasn't been working properly the last few weeks. Wait...has it ever worked properly? And I have no idea why they decided to use it as a "warm-up." I like to think of it as a "pre-workout workout." Ha!

    ReplyDelete