Saturday, September 26, 2009

New One Rep Deadlift Max and Other Fun Things

The last few workouts have been pretty good and challenging. Come to think of it, they are always challenging. And if they aren't, then you're not trying hard enough.

Saturday, 26 September

WOD: Filthy 50 on the Rocks

25, 15, 10

Box Jumps
Push Press
Wall Balls
Ball Slams
Lunges
4 Count Flutter Kick
400m Run before and after each round for a total of 1 mile.

This WOD was great. For the first round I used the 24 in box, but then moved up to the taller oner after that. For the Psuh Presses, the prescribed weight was just the 45lb barbell. Today, the Push Presses were surprisingly easy. I used a 16lb ball for the Wall Balls and a 20lb ball for the Ball Slams. The Lunges and Flutter Kicks were fine. I finished in 26:44.

Friday, September 25

WOD:

4 Rounds for Time of:

30 KB Swings
20 KB Snatches (10L/10R)
10 Turkish Get-Ups (5L/5R)

Wow, this one was incredibly hard. So hard, in fact, that it originally was 5 rounds but we had to change it so people could finish in time for the next class. I used the 30lb KB for the entire WOD. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do the GTUs at that weight, but I managed. I finished in 33:14.

Thursday, 24 September

WOD:

Max Effort Deadlift

Partner Fight Gone Bad for 20 minutes:

Box Jumps
Push Press
Wall Balls
Rowing
SDLHP


Ok, so for the ME Deadlift, we worked out way up, starting with 95. At about 165, my grip started to fail even though I knew I could do heavier. I switch to the reverse grip and that helped. My one rep max is now 205. However, in this exercise, the last round was 5 reps and 205 was a little to heavy for me to do five times. Once was enough. My previous max was 185.

For the partner FGB, one person ran a lap while the other did an exercise. I used the 12lb ball for Wall Balls and 65lbs for the SDLHP and Push Press. For the Box Jumps, I used the tallest box. I don't care much for this version of FGB because I find I don't push myself as hard as when we do it in 1 minute increments. We got through 1 full round and one exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment