Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Traveling KB Swings are EVIL

Yesterday's WOD was a good one, even though it included Traveling KB Swings, which I hate. In fact, as I may have mentioned before, I hate them more than any other exercise we do in CrossFit. Even more than Handstand Push-Ups or Ring Dips. Yep. Even more than Burpees. So what movements do I like? There are plenty, to include (but not limited to): Overhead Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats, Hang Cleans, Push Press, Net Climb, Thrusters, and even Pull-Ups, now that I can actually kind of sort of do them. Regular KB Swings are fine, it's the Traveling ones I hate. Anyway, let's move on.

Monday, 28 September

WOD: As Many Rounds as Possible in 20 Minutes of:

5 Thrusters 95/65
7 Hang Power Cleans 95/65
10 SDLHP 95/65
Traveling KB Swings

So for this I used 75lbs just to see what I could do. I ended up using a 55lb KB for the SDLHP and a 30lb KB for the Traveling KB Swings. The heavier weight on the Thrusters and Hang Power Cleans slowed me down a bit, but that was alright. I managed to get through 3 full rounds and part of a 4th. I can definitely do 4 next time. Then, just for fun and because we actually had time at the end of class, we ran a mile. It didn't hurt or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment