Thursday, December 31, 2009

Box Jump Blues

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and all that. Hope you enjoyed your holidays. We were in PA/Ohio for Christmas, so we missed a few WODs. Like a lazy person, I only did one workout the entire trip and that was only because DTM made me. I got back at it Tuesday, and it was rough for 2 reasons: 1) I was completely lazy for a week and a half, and 2) I had a rather nasty cold. But, being the winner I am, I decided to tough it out and go to the gym where I subsequently hacked all over the PVC pipe I used to warm up with. Don't worry about it, I wiped it off with a Lysol wipe afterwards. Neat.

Wednesday, 30 December

WOD: Tabata This

8 Rounds of Each Exercise, 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest with 1 minutes rest after each exercise

Jump Rope
KB Swings 2 pood
Sit-Ups
Box Jumps
SDLHP
Wall Balls
Push Press
Rowing

This was great. I used a 16kg KB for the swings, 65# for the SDLHP and Push Presses, and a 12# ball for Wall Balls. Everything was just going peachy until I kinda sorta missed the box on my last Box Jump and did this to my leg:


Yeah, it hurt. And it looked like that instantly. I have a lump and there is a promising bruise forming. Awesome. As Dave said, I won't be winning any best legs contests anytime soon.

Monday, 29 December

WOD:

Hang Power Cleans
Bar x 10
5 reps 2 Times
5 Reps 1 Time
3 Reps 1 Time
3 Reps 3 Times

Increase in weight.

AMRAP in 15 minutes of:

3 DB Swings R
3 DB Presses R
3 DB Hang Power Snatches R
3 DB Swings L
3 DB Presses L
3 DB Hang Power Snatches L

I didn't know how much I could do for the Hang Power Cleans, so after the bar, I started with 65#s and worked my way up to 95#. I did 95# the first set of 3 reps 3 times. I couldn't quite get my elbows out far enough with that weight, so I went back down to 85# and finished the ME portion with that. Not too bad. For the rest of the WOD, I used a 20# DB. I was not feeling very well and didn't want to push it too much but still wanted a workout. I think that if I was fully healthy I could have done it with a 30# DB. I made it through 13 full rounds. It was rough and I was tired afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment