Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kettle Bells, Kettle Bells, Kettle All the Way...

Yesterday's WOD was pretty cool. I decided to kick it up a notch in weight to see if I could do it. I made it through without having to go down at all, so that was neat.

Wednesday, 9 December

WOD: KB Circuit

5 Rounds: 1 Minute Work/30 seconds "Active Rest" 5 KB/AK Push-Ups

Overhand/Underhand Swings
Upper Cut Hot Potato Squats
Reverse Lunges

I used a 16kg KB for this and it was HEAVY! But, I made it through. That was cool. Because I am unable to do OH/UH Swings even with a lighter weight, I just did regular swings, which were challenging enough. While I like Upper Cut Hot Potato usually, the Squats thrown in really screwed me up. I managed to get through it. Reverse lunges went the same as usual. The active rest KB Push-Ups are always hard for me to do, but that is ok. I modified them when I needed to. I am really quite proud I didn't have to go down in weight.

Also, one of our resident leaders in awesome just happened to have his AK with him at the gym, so did the Push-Ups like this:



Awesome? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment