Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lunges and the Like

The past few WODs have been slightly difficult, leaving me very sore and tired.

Monday, 14 December

WOD: 5 Rounds for Time

500m Row/400m Run
30 Ring Dip Push-Ups
20 DB Hang Cleans
Waiter's Walk

Let me first say this WOD took way too long to complete with 5 rounds. 3 Rounds would have been better. Anyway, I decided to Run instead of Row because I haven't run in a few days. I did modified Ring Dip Push-Ups after attempting true ones and almost falling on my face. I did one round with 25lb DB but moved down to 20lb ones after that. I was not doing them correctly with the heavier weight. I used a 40lb DB for the Waiter's Walk and finished in 41:20. I did not enjoy this WOD.


Saturday, 12 December

WOD: Lunges Galore

800m Run
400m Lunge
800m Run

This WOD is hard and makes me ridiculously sore for days afterward but I finished. This time it took me 384 lunges to complete. I must have gone a little extra way or something because last time it only took 378. I finished in 29:24, which was slower than my last time. Bummer. I did not, however, feel shaky or completely exhausted this time, so that was good. Still, I couldn't feel my legs for the second run.

Friday, 11 December

WOD: Fab 40

Row 40 calories
40 Jumping Pull-Ups
40 Lunges
40 KB Swings
40 Sit-Ups
40 Push Press 75#
40 Back Extensions
40 Push-Ups
40 Jumping Ring Dips
40 Jumping Squats 45#

This WOD was great. I used the 16kg KB for the Swings, 65# for the Push Press, and the 45# for the jumping squats. I managed to do 30 true Push-Ups but had to modify the rest. My wrists just aren't getting better and I don't know how to fix that. The Jumping Ring Dips took a very long time. I finished in 26:16. Not too bad. I liked this WOD (minus the Ring Dips).


No comments:

Post a Comment