Tuesday, December 8, 2009

WANT!!!!!

So as I was internet surfing this morning, you know, instead of actually doing something constructive, I found this awesomeness:


Do I want to do this ? HELLS YES!!!! It is north of B-more in October and I think it would totally rock AND that CrossFit Tyson's Corner should set up a team or something. For real. I mean, not only do you get to run a wicked awesome race, but you get this:

AND FREE BEER! I think I would wear the helmet around all the time. Well, maybe just on weekends, but still. Who's in?

Anyway, we did a great WOD yesterday. It was in honor and remembrance of those soldiers killed at Fort Hood, four of which belonged to the Lumberjack CrossFit affiliate.

Monday, 7 December: A Day the Will Live in Infamy

WOD: Lumberjack 20

20 Deadlifts (275lbs)
400m Run
20 KB Swings (2 pood)
400m Run
20 OHS (115lbs)
400m Run
20 Burpees
400m Run
20 Pull-Ups (Chest to Bar)
400m Run
20 Box Jumps (24")
400m Run
20 DB Squat Cleans (45lbs)
400m Run

This was rough but awesome. However, because it was wet, dark, and slightly icy outside, I decided to Row 500m instead of Run 400m. Did it slow me down? Yes, but I need to get better at Rowing. Anyway, here is the rundown: I used 115lbs for the Deadlift (because I couldn't lift 275 lbs if I tried). Plus 115lbs is heavy enough to be challenging but not so heavy I will hurt myself. I used a 1 pood KB for the Swings and 75lbs for OHS, which I completely crushed, thanks. I love OHS. The Burpees weren't bad because there were only 20 of them. I did Kipping Pull-Ups for all 20. It took me some time because my arms were really tired for some reason. Oh well. I used the 24" box for the Box Jumps. I know I look completely ridiculous doing them on that box because I really have to used my arms to jump up that high. I am only 5'2" and I have short, stumpy legs, so it is challenging. For the DB Squat Cleans I used 25lbs and they were heavy enough. I finished in 40:40. It rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment