Friday, January 15, 2010

Bruises, Bruises Everywhere

So this past week has been slightly rough for the Bukowski household. DTM's car is on the brink of collapse and so he has been using mine. He has also had a very busy week, so I have been stuck at home a lot. This is fine, because I get to make things. Head on over to the Lonely Baker to see what. I will admit know that what I make directly effects the benefits of CrossFit in a bad way. Too bad!

Yesterday's workout was not my favorite. It included Bench Press which I absolutely despise. Also, every time we do them, I get these weird bruises on my back from the bench. They don't hurt at all, they are just scary looking.

Thursday, 14 January 


WOD:


5 Rounds: ME Bench Press Body Weight and Pull-Ups

50ft Farmers Walk
10 Burpees
10 Ball Slams
50 ft Farmer's Walk
9 Burpees
9 Ball Slams...
50 ft Farmer's Walk
1 Burpee
1 Ball Slam

Like I said before, I hate Bench Press. Also, to do ME Body Weight Bench Press is crazy. First off, I can barely do 1 rep of my body weight in Bench Press, which kind of negates the purpose of Max Effort, unless I wanted to do 1 rep each round. I guess that would have made it go faster. Anyway, I started with 95 lbs, did rounds 2-4 with 105 lbs, then went back down to 95 lbs to try to correct my form. I have horrible Bench Press form. Every time we do Bench Press Matt has to correct me. I used Ol' Blue for the Pull-Ups. The rest of the WOD was fine. I used 40lb dumbbells for the Farmer's Walk and whichever ball was closer to me for Ball Slams. It was usually the 16# ball. I finished that portion in 12:03.

Wednesday, 13 January


WOD: 5 Rounds for Time

400m Run/ 500m Row
30 Box Jumps
30 KB Swings

This one was good, though oddly reminiscent of the awful "Hansen" WOD that we were forced to do back in...well, I don't know when. I blocked it out of my memory. I ran 4 of the rounds and rowed 1. The box jumps were good but slow. I tried to pace myself so I wouldn't have to take breaks. It worked pretty well. I used a 30# kb for the swings and really concentrated on form because my back was killing me from running. That is what happens when I don't run enough. I finished in 37:43. Jason said that I looked exceptionally angry during this WOD. Duh. I was working out.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Mrs. B, you are doing a good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I get these weird bruises on my back from the bench. They don't hurt at all, they are just scary looking."

    Useless without pics! ;)

    ReplyDelete