Sunday, January 10, 2010

Championship Belt?

Some days this is how I feel:



Saturday was one of those days.

Saturday, 9 January


WOD: Fight Gone Bad, 5 Rounds for the Championship Belt:

1 minute of each exercise, 1 minute rest between rounds

Wall Balls
SDLHP
Box Jumps
Push Press
Rowing

My goal was to accomplish at least 10 reps of each exercise in each round. Not hard at first, but much harder in the hero rounds. I managed to reach that goal. I used a 12# ball for Wall Balls, 65# for both the SDLHP and Push Presses, the 24 in box for the Jumps (and I managed not to slam my shin into the corner of it this time). I also wanted to row between 2:10 and 2:15/500m for the rowing. I managed to do that as well, sometimes even being below (or above?) 2:10. Apparently due to my awesomeness, the Russian Judge awarded me the Championship Belt, previous held by the one and only Marcus. Sorry Marcus.

Friday, 8 January


WOD: AMRAP in 30 Minutes of:
P1:                                                                P2:
20 KB Snatches (10/l0R)                              5 Burpees
20 KB Clean and Press (10L/10R)               10 Push-Ups
20 KB Swings                                              15 Squats

Poor Jason. Everyone and their brother showed up to the 5:00 class and there weren't enough weights to do what he originally wanted, so he modified it to make it as equally challenging/terrible. I used a 30# KB for this and it was rough. I ended up having to do Push Presses when it came time for me to do Clean and Press. I could do a few straight presses, but then my shoulder got tired, even after I broke them down into sets of 5. That is ok, though. I finished with the 30# KB. It is nice to be feeling back to as normal I can be. The "active rest" of Burpees, Push-Ups, and Squats were miserable because I have done more than my fair share of Push-Ups this week. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Thursday, 7 January


WOD:
ME Deadlift

Chop Til You Drop
P1:                                   P2:
20 Box Jumps                  10 Sledge Hammer Swings
10 Ring Dips                    10 Tire Push-Ups
1 Net Climb                     10 Tire Jumps

I love this WOD mostly because I like using a sledge hammer for just about anything. Anyway, the Deadlifts went alright and I did 185# for my 5 rep ME. Dave was nice enough to stay and be my partner for the 6:00 class, even though he had already done the 5:00 class.  I did not do so well on the Chop Til You Drop. I was incredibly tired, but I pushed through anyway, you know, for the Sledge Hammers. If you are ever my partner in this WOD, my rule is that even if you finish your part before I am done with my sledge hammer swings, you are going to have to wait until I finish them. Comprende?

1 comment:

  1. Comprende Seniorita, I'll wait until you are done with the Sledge Hammer next time : )

    ReplyDelete