Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

So, we have been going to CrossFit for a whole year now. How neat. My strength has improved greatly, and so has my health, despite the pesky cold I currently have. Anyway, we finished the year with a WOD that darn near killed me, missed the Hair o' the Dog WOD on New Year's Day, and made a valiant effort to complete today's WOD without passing out or dying. I finished, but just barely.

Saturday, 2 January 2010

WOD: KB Circuit

5 Rounds 1 minute work/30 seconds active rest

Swings
Hot Potato Upper Cuts
Reverse Lunges

This was a poor showing for Mrs. B. I have been sick this entire week and thought I would just tough it out today and do 16kg for the whole thing, just like last time. Just sweat it out, right? Wrong. After 2 rounds, I had to go down to a 30# KB and that was a struggle. Idiot. I should have just listened to myself and grabbed the 25# KB. Oh well, I finished. Not a good start to the 2010 CrossFit training season.

Friday, 1 January: Happy New Year! R&R

Thursday, 31 December

WOD:

Max Effort Push Press

21-15-9

Wall Ball Subs
Wall Walks
Burpee Box Jumps

The Push Presses went well. I did my last 3 work sets at 105. That was all I could muster that day. The rest of the WOD was horrible. I used a 16kg KB for the Wall Ball Subs. The Wall Walks took me the longest to accomplish being that I can't do them fast or well. After about 5, I start seeing stars so I have to takes breaks. Ugh. The Burpee Box Jumps, though not enjoyable, were way better than Wall Walks. I finished in 22:56. Then I went to celebrate New Year's Eve with some really cool people. If anybody ever asks you if you want want to try the drink Monkey Boy, say yes immediately. Warning: they taste like liquid Jolly Ranchers and can totally wreck your evening if you aren't careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment