Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Love KettleBells

Many times on Saturdays we do KettleBell Circuits. I really like them. The past few times we have done them, I've been trying to get through the whole thing with a 16kg KB. It has been going alright so far.

Saturday, 23 January


WOD: KettleBell Circuit


5 Rounds 1 minute Work/30 seconds Active Rest (BURPEES) of:

KB Swings
Figure 8 Catches
Clean, Squat, Press Complexes

Like I said before, I used a 16kg KB for the entire thing. It makes me extremely tired extremely quickly, but I want to get to the point where I can do the whole thing with minimal breaks. I know I will get there eventually. Anyway, we could do whatever swings we liked, but I just stuck with the regular ones. All the fancy schmancy stuff hurts my wrists unbelievably. The Figure 8 Catches were a new movement that wasn't hard, but it was backwards from the Figure 8 Hot Potatoes, so remembering to do them correctly was tricky. I was glad to do the Clean, Squat, Press because it gave me a chance to see if I could do the whole movement at that weight. I could, but slowly. Anyway. I liked the WOD.

In other news, I think we should start incorporating this movement/uniform in our KB Circuits:



Love the boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment