Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We Want to Pump You Up!

Tuesday morning was my very early debut as a CrossFit instructor. I was a bit nervous, as per usual, but everything went well, even though I accidentally erased half of that day's WOD that had been pre-written for me on the whiteboard before I noticed/realized what it was was. I never claimed I wasn't a bit of a ditz. Plus it was early. Anyway, I had a workout in mind that I wanted to do and proceeded with that.


Tuesday, 26 January


WOD: 


ME Shoulder Press


Reps/Sets
5/2
5/1
3/1
2/1
5/3


3 Rounds for Time of:
30 KB Swings
30 Burpees
30 Sit-Ups


Shoulder Presses are hard for me since there is no dip in the movement. This means I have to do significantly less weight than I would if we were doing Push Press. My goal was to not Push Press any of the reps. I started with 45# and worked my way up to 75# for the first working set. I had to scale back to 70# to meet my goal, but I did it. I was pretty pleased. 


The rest of the WOD was hard and fast. I used a 16kg KB for the swings. 90 Burpees are no fun no matter who you are, but I got through them. The Sit-Ups were fine as well. I finished in 16:56


I must say, Barry has impeccable Burpee form. I think I am going to model any coach strategy after these guys:





All I need is the belt.


Monday, 25 January


WOD: Partner Barbara


2 Rounds:
First Round, pace off 500m Row
Second Round, pace off reps


CF1 20 Pull-Ups
       30 Push-Ups
       40 Sit-Ups
       50 Squats
CF2 Row 500m


Ok, again on this WOD I had a blonde moment. I didn't quite catch that we were doing 2 rounds and therefore made my partner do an inordinate amount of Push-Ups during the first round, while I Rowed way more than 500m. Whoops! Anyway, the first round we did Jumping Pull-Ups and the second round we did Dead Hang Pull-Ups. Well, actually, I did Kipping Pull-Ups because that is all I can do. Throughout this whole workout I managed to do true Push-Ups, so that was cool. The Sit-Ups and Squats were fine. Those are my strengths. We finished in 36:11. That time is not completely accurate due to my screw up. We did, however, make up a lot of ground in the second round. I liked this WOD even though I completely despise Rowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment