Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Ketchup


I have been slacking in the updates department, so I'll have to play catchup. On an entirely different note, ketchup is a fun word.

Friday, 19 February


WOD:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-3

P1: Deadlifts/Pull-Ups
P2: Double Unders

This was a challenging without being too difficult WOD. These types of WODs are nice on Fridays when you still need a workout but you're a little tired. I did 115lb Deadlifts and use Ol' Blue for the Pull-Ups. We finished in 19:25.

Thursday, 18 February


WOD:


Back Squats


AMRAP in 15 minutes of:

20 KB Snatches (10L/10R)
20 KB Clean and Press (10L/10R)
20 KB Swings

The only reason we did Back Squats was because I was in charge of the class and, for whatever reason, I always miss Back Squat days otherwise. Plus, I do what I want. Anyway, I didn't do my max, but to be honest I don't know how heavy I can go on Back Squats. I'll just have to do them more! For the rest of the WOD, I used a 16kg KB. It is hard for me to Shoulder Press with my left arm so I did Push Presses sometimes. I think I only got in 3 rounds.

Tuesday, 16 February

WOD:


Shoulder Press


5 Rounds for time of:

6x Deadlifts
6x RDL
6x Hang Power Cleans
6x Thrusters
6x Push-Ups on Bar

As usual, my Shoulder Press is miserable. I did 75lbs or my working sets. Not that great.  For the rest of the WOD I used 85lbs. I know I would be able to Deadlift this easily, but I really wanted to push myself on the Thrusters/Hang Power Cleans. I was worried that I would't be able to finish the entire WOD at the weight but I did! It felt great. I finished in 18:22. This has to be one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment