Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

A Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I know my mom is probably in her classroom right now, frantically trying to pack it up for her school's big move this summer. I wish I was there helping her (no really, I do!) However, since I am not, here is an adorable salute to momz, courtesy of icanhascheezeburger.com:


I am just fluffy!

Anyway, the last few WODs have been killer and I still can barely move my arms from Friday's WOD that I picked out. I am not complaining, I am just stating a fact.

Saturday, 8 May


WOD: Vomit Comet


4 Rounds of:

20 DB Thrusters (70/50)
15 KB Swings
12 Pull-Ups
8 Burpees

Oh boy was this one fun after the monstrosity that was Friday. I used 25lb DB for the Thrusters, a 30lb KB for the Swings, and Ol' Blue for the Pull-Ups. I know, it has been awhile since I have had to use Ol' Blue. I did the first round with out her but the rest of the rounds I needed her due to pure physical exhaustion and a horrible burning feeling that ripped through my shoulder with every movement. Oh, I do hope that goes away soon. Round 1 went alright but Round 2 really demonstrated why this WOD is called the Vomit Comet. Awesome. I finished in 21:18.

Friday, 7 May


WOD: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday


3 Rounds of:

25 Push-Ups
15 Thrusters (95/65)
25 Push-Ups
15 Box Jumps
25 Push-Ups
30 Squats
25 Push-Ups
1 Rope/Net Climb

For the record, I picked this WOD fully realizing that it would be a total of 300 Push-Ups. I used 65lbs for the Thrusters, the tallest box for the Jumps, and the Net. I did modified Push-Ups since I knew I would not be able to do 300 regular Push-Ups unless I stayed there all day and I did have to go to work eventually, so...Well, anyway, it was rough. I finished in 29:17 and haven't been able to really do much with my arms since. Still good though.

I would like to note the original WOD was 5 rounds. We did 3. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment