Friday, May 21, 2010

Muscle Snatches do a Body Good

Ouch!! Fridays are always a little bit rough. I was pretty sore and tired today but I feel good right now!

Friday, May 21

WOD:

5 Rounds for Time:

400m Run
15 KTE
15 Burpees

My running has been super slow this week. BUT my back isn't locking up. I wonder if that is the trade off. I would rather be slower I think. Anyway, the KTE and Burpees went well, though my grip started to fail during the KTEs. I don't think it has recovered from Tuesday's WOD. I finished in 28:56. Slower than I would like but pretty solid nonetheless.

Thursday, 20 May: BEST WOD EVER!!!

Back Squats

WOD: Chop Till You Drop

P1: Run 400m
P2: 20 Chops
      15 Jumps
      10 Push Ups

I LOVE THIS WORKOUT!!!!! I love Back Squats. I did my working sets at 155 and felt pretty good about it. My form didn't break down. I probably could have done 165 but I can do it next time.

I used the 8lb Sledge Hammer for the Chops and Jumps and managed to do all the Push Ups off the Tire. Such a good feeling. My running was still slow. I think we finished 6 Rounds. My partner was Keith. He pretty  much rocks.

Tuesday, 18 May

Muscle Snatch

WOD:

21 Thrusters
6 Rope Climbs
15 Thrusters
5 Rope Climbs
9 Thrusters
4 Rope Climbs

I am terrible at Muscle Snatch. I started with 35lbs and made it up to 55lbs. My form was not good. I need to work on it. Maybe if I'd have worn my singlet.


The rest of the WOD was good. I climbed the Net each time and used 65lbs for the Thrusters. I finished in 19:28. My forearms were killing me.

I am looking forward to the Grill Out tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment