Monday, June 14, 2010

Wait? I have a Blog?

Alright home fries, there has been a major gap in my posting. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up:

I was terribly ill with a nasty cold that left me pretty much dead to the world for about a week. I did show up at the gym, tried to do the WOD, and then tried not to pass out as I couldn't get through even a round.

Then I GOT MY LEVEL 1 CERT!!! I was at Fort Meade with 60 other CrossFitters and an excellent team of trainers. They were fantastic. I can't even begin to explain how awesome it was. If you ever get a chance to goto a cert, go. Don't wait. Don't ask questions. Just do it. Srsly. It was almost the best thing ever. The resources and hands-on experience is unparalleled. We did Fran on Saturday and I ripped up my hands beyond belief. I had one of the fastest times of the women, which barely ever happens for me. It wasn't my fastest Fran time ever, but I did it prescribed and rocked it. It was great. On Sunday we did a fun Team WOD. My team was great. I passed the test and have a certificate all ready for a frame. How cool!!

Then the gym kicked off a month long Paleo challenge. We have had so many people sign up--28!! Basically for the challenge you restrict your diet to eating lean meats, veggies, fruits, certain oils, nuts and seeds. No dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no grains. The whole point is to see how much better you feel and how my better you get at CrossFit after a month. Today was Day 1 and it wasn't too bad for me. I don't eat dairy, legumes, or much bread anyway. Anyway, our benchmark WOD to see if we improved was Fight Gone Bad. I socred 253. I am hoping to get at least 270 by the end. I think I can do it.

I am STOKED!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, and congrats again on the cert! I'm trying to get caught up myself.

    ReplyDelete