Monday, July 5, 2010

Murph Love

Hey there peeps. I know it has been awhile once again. I swear I am going to get my priorities straight and figure out how to keep this here durn blog up. I am going to do it, darn it! Once again, the last few weeks have been hectic and awesome. I wouldn't have it any other way.

We are in our 4th week of the Paleo Challenge and it is going well for me. I am down about 4 or 5 pounds, depending on the day. I have an ideal weight I would like to hit (even though it still means I am obese according to the BMI. Whatevs. Jerks.) but we'll see. If it is too hard to lose those last few pounds, then do I need to lose them really? I have been feeling so much better lately that I don't care too much.

I have some things that I want to record here before I forget them.

First off, I completed my first Murph ever on Saturday, July 3rd. I did the whole thing, which consisted of this:

1 Mile Run
100 Pull-Ups
200 Push-Ups
300 Squats
1 Mile Run

I ran my first mile in about 7:30, which is super awesome for me. I partitioned the Pull-Ups, Push-Ups, and Squats into 20 Rounds of 5/10/15. I read on the main site that you can do that or do them straight through. I chose to partition because I didn't know how I was going to handle Murph. I managed to do about 60 Pull-Ups because using Ol' Blue because I didn't want my hands to look like this again:


Seriously. All my skin JUST grew back.

I managed to do ALL true Push-Ups, which I was extremely happy about. The Squats were no problem at all. My last mile was MUCH slower than my first. It took me probably somewhere between 9:30 and 10 minutes to complete it. I finished in 57:19. Under an hour! That was my goal. I am still sore though. Ouch.

The other thing I wanted to document is that my 1RM for Deadlift is now 205. I think I can go higher though. For shizzle.


Also, Tire Flip is now on my list of best things ever. Be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment