Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh, Hey Fall.

So I thought I would reduce my posts to quarterly. HA! Just kidding. No really, I know I have neglected this thing quite often for months at a time. My bad. I guess it is a good thing this is my blog.

Last night I returned from the Olympic Listing cert. It was a good course but very frustrating. I learned that I have been doing Snatches incorrectly. Also, my Cleans, which I was pretty confident with, are wrong as well. I can do Jerks alright though. Overall it was disheartening but good because now I no what I really have to work on. On a brighter side, though, Coach Mike Burgener was there and he might be the best teacher I have ever had the opportunity to learn from. What a great leader and great man! I thought he didn't do the certs anymore, so when I saw him there, I was so surprised! He did compliment me on my Overhead Squats (thank goodness because if he hadn't I may have resolved to tears, I was so frustrated with everything else). I am looking forward to getting better at Olympic Lifts. I told this to my mom and she said that I should probably concentrated on more girly things. I rolled my eyes. We were on the phone so she didn't see to yell at me! Hahaha!

One downfall is that I think I really tweaked my thumb doing a Clean. It is hard for me to pick up some things with my left hand because of it. I am not sure how to go about healing it other than resting it and taping it.

In other news, I upped my PR over OHS. My new 1RM is 125, but I think I can do more.

I am also really going to try to keep these shenanigans up! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I was starting to go through some bad withdrawl. As usual, I'm jealous of your new cert, especially meeting Coach B. On a related note, we're doing some great new Oly-centric programming at CFC. You gotta stop by if you're ever in the area.

    ReplyDelete