Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2 Year CrossFitiversary!

Today is our 2 year CrossFitiversary. I know I have come a long way since we first started. My PRs in just about everything have gotten so much better. I have yet to test my goal of being able to Squat 200lbs by the end of 2010, but I will do that soon. I did not meet my goal of completing a Muscle-Up but I am on track to do it soon I think, I just need to work on it. Here are some goals for this year:

1) Complete at least 6 classes of my new educational adventure, my BS in Kinesiology.
2) Do that darn muscle up and then complete a WOD with muscle ups in it.
3) Get my Deadlift up to 300lbs.
4) Go for and earn my Level 2 Cert.
5) Master ring dips.
6) Bench press my body weight. The way I look at it, either I can lose some weight or get stronger. It's a win/win!
7) Try to maintain a mostly Paleo diet. I do take exception to occasional cheese and a cheat meal every once in awhile.

Alright, here is a recap of the last couple days.

Tuesday, January 4 2011


Deadlifts

3 Rounds:
50 Double Unders
50 Back Extensions

My goal was to do my 3 working sets of deadlifts at 200+ lbs and I managed to squeak out 3 sets of 5 at 210. Goal met. The rest of the WOD wasn't terrible, although back extensions after deadlifts are challenging. I could not get double unders to save my life today, so I did 500 singles each round. I finished in around 16 minutes.

Monday, January 3 2011


Today was the first day at the new gym and we decided to break it in by doing Nancy. My fave.

Nancy


5 Rounds:
400m Run
15 OHS (95/65)

Nancy gave me some heartache today. Well, more like a hip-ache. Surprisingly, the OHS at 65lbs wasn't hard. I think I will have to try 75lbs next time. The runs killed me though. Halfway through they second round run my hips started to lock up. They never did relax, so my runs were slower than usual. I finished in 17:10. My previous best was 16:01. I know I can do better. Until we meet again, Nance. Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment