Saturday, January 29, 2011

FGB KB Style, Burpee Cleans, and an Extra Round for Margaritas

This is going to be me soon:-( 
The last couple days have been more mentally tough for me than physically tough. I mentally have to make myself NOT do things. The only good part of this is I am quite aware of when I an unable to do something. It becomes blatantly apparent immediately. In order to avoid this, I try to catch it before it even happens.

The last few WODs have been challenging.

Saturday, January 29


KettleBell Fight Gone Bad


5 Rounds:
KB Wall Ball Subs
Alt. KB High Pull
KB Clean Box Jump
KB Push Press
Row

This one wasn't too bad on my back. I did use a 30# KB for it and wondered if that was too much, but it turned out to be ok. Instead of the Box Jumps I held the KB in the Clean position and did step ups. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this. The rest of the WOD was good but tough. I felt pretty good afterwards, though my back is starting to stiffen up now.

Friday, 28 January


2 Part WOD:


Part 1: Every 30 Sec for 10 Minutes

Power Clean (95/65)
Front Squat
Push Press

Part 2: 


5 Rounds:
400m Run/500m Row
15 Burpee Cleans (95/65)

This might have been the worst idea ever. I use a 45# bar for part 1. I probably could have used 65# in hindsight. I paid for the rest of the WOD dearly. I still only use a 45# bar, but the Burpee/Clean change really did a number on me, so I changed to doing 15 Burpees then 15 Hang Cleans. We had a lot of ice in the parking lot, so I rowed. I finished 4 rounds before it was time for me to teach the next class, so I guess this is marked as a DNF. I hate that. I did have the ladies in the 7 am class do Medicine Ball Cleans to practice form. They looked pretty good and I should have done them as well.

I shortened the WOD to 4 rounds since it was taking longer than I expected, but Jane refused. She said "I am leaving for Mexico tomorrow and 5 rounds means I can have an extra margarita!" Ah, motivation! Rounds for margs, a girl after my own heart!

Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment