Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fortress of Solitude

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...
This is basically what my car looked like this morning at roughly 5:30am when I went to teach the morning classes. As I skated across the parking lot and tried to defrost my Fortress, I realized that it was all for naught. Even if I did chip my car out in time, there was no way I could safely get to the gym, so, alas, I cancelled morning classes. I hope the AM All Stars aren't too mad!

Because of yesterday's WOD, we decided to do Deadlifts and Bench Press today.

For my 3 Bench Press work sets of 5 reps, I did 120#. Some of them were ugly, but some of them were ok.

Deadlifts were MUCH better. I did my 1 work set of 5 reps at 215# and they felt great. I an pretty sure I can  go up even more next week.

We did a "quick" met con afterward.

3 Rounds
500m Row
3 Rope Climbs
20 Reverse Grip KB Swings

The Row wasn't bad at all. I tried to keep a steady pace for all the rounds and managed to do a pretty good job. I am unable to do Reverse Grip KB Swings because they irritate my elbows in bad ways, so I did 20 1-handed Swings on each side. The Net is not up yet, so I had to use the knotted rope. I avoid the ropes like the plague because I am just plain terrified of heights. With the net I feel like I am safer because if I need to, I can wrap my arms and legs in the net and be safe. There is no such feeling with a rope for me. I did it. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I didn't time myself. My goal was just to get through it and not die. Done and done!

via nataliedee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment