Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Get Used to Disappointment

I am on a movie kick this week apparently because the title of this has been my mantra the last few days. It also seems that I am turning slightly emo. Maybe if I watched The Princess Bride I would feel better. Anyway, it seems I have hurt my back/hips. They are always a little touch and go. I try to rest it the best I can and do all the appropriate TriggerPoint-ing and foam rollering but for some reason they just won't cooperate. I mean, I tweak them occasionally and they take about a week to recuperate. It has been three weeks. This morning, they were so bad, I had to STOP DOING BACK SQUATS. If you know me at all, you know I died a little on the inside. (ACK! Emo, I tell you!) It was at that point that I though I should maybe, possibly, sort of seek professional help, so I made an appointment with my doctor.

That brings me to today's post title. I am worried that this injury might not bode well for me in my future CrossFit endeavors and that I might have to get used to the disappointment that is my body. I am hoping for the best and that with some sort of chiropractic care and maybe a massage (ugh, I shutter at the thought of those), that things will be ok.

That looks about right.

Anyway, I did partake in part of today's workout.

Tuesday, 25 January


Shoulder Press


Back Squat


3 Rounds:
10 Weighted Ring Dips
30 Back Extensions

I managed to do 4 reps of 2 sets at 80# for the Shoulder Press. I had to go down to 78.5# for the last one. Last week I did all sets at 75#, so at least there was a little improvement.

For the rest of the WOD, my body failed. I don't want to talk about it.

Monday, 24 January


3 Rounds for Time:
800m Run/1000m Row
30 OHS (75/45)
21 Pull Ups

I opted to Row since it was approximately 8 degrees outside (not an exaggeration). I used 45# for the Squats and did modified Pull Ups with Ol' Blue. My back was hurting during this one. I finished in 28:35. It was alright. I did like the workout, though, but that isn't a shocker. OHS and I are BFFs.

2 comments:

  1. Rest my friend and listen to your body. You will have it for years to come and it wants you to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin Sue. I came to the conclusion early this morning that I can either do CrossFit right now and not for the rest of my life or I can rest now and do CrossFit for the rest of my life. I chose the latter. Scaling was hard but I did it.

    ReplyDelete