Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

So I suppose one of my New Year's resolutions should be to do a better job of blogging.  Ok, noted. I have never been one for reflection, mostly because it takes my brain an inordinate amount of time to process events and then come up with intelligent sounding thoughts to share. By the time everything clicks, the moment and the time to share thoughts has passed. Anyway, I found this questionnaire on one of my favorite blogs Mommy Wants Vodka. Aunt Becky is a very funny lady, but just be warned that there is much adult language. I declined to answer all the questions, since some of them had to do with fashion, and let's be honest, my fashion consists of gym clothes and Converse Chucks with skulls on them. So anyway, this is my reflection of the past year.


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I found out I am going to be an aunt! That is a first for me:-)


Also, I went snorkeling with Dan, my sister, and my brother-in-law in the Caribbean! I have never done either of those and it was so much fun!


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, I manged to do some of them, but to be honest, I lost the piece of paper I wrote them down on, as per usual. I kept with CrossFit and actually became a trainer (which wasn't a resolution, but turned out to be fantastic.) We also paid off our student loans, which has been a longtime resolution!


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Erin and her husband Zerek had a beautiful baby boy named Ellis and my cousin Tyler and his wife Michelle had a gorgeous little girl named Meadow. Also, my dear friend from high school McKenzie and her husband Bud had a little girl named Westyn! There are babies EVERYWHERE!


4. Did anyone close to you die?
Dan's grandma passed away in early 2010. We miss her very much.


5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
This is a hard one. I think that I would like to have the flexibility to visit my family more oftern. I am not sure this is going to happen though.


6. What countries did you visit?
Let's see...we went to Puerto Rico (I know it is a US territory), St. Thomas, VI (another US territory), St. Maartin, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Barbados. It was wonderful!


7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
The first one that comes to mind is snorkeling with sea turtles on Thanksgiving. That is not very deep, I know. 


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Figuring out what I really and truly want to do with my life.


9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing Brom, our sweet little puppy. I know we made the right decision since he was so sick, but that doesn't mean it didn't break my heart.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered many small injuries from CrossFit, including a recurring wrist issue which set me back in some of my fitness goals. I also had the usual colds. But hey, no migraines!


11. What was the best thing you bought?
A car? I mean, I needed it, but I really like my skull shoes better. Don't tell my car.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mother, who retired from her job knowing that something else was out there for her. If you don't know my mom, this was remarkable. I am so happy for her. Also, my dad is retiring at the end of this school year!


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oh, a couple of people. But I try not to dwell on it.


14. Where did most of your money go?
To pay off our student loans!


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
There were several things: my Level 1 CrossFit cert, my Olympic Lifting cert (taught by Burgener himself!), our family cruise, and starting school!


16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Any song played on the steel drums, since that is how all the music was played on the cruise.



17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


i. happier or sadder? Happier, I think. 2010 was a bit confusing for me as an adult which made me depressed, but I think I am figuring things out, which makes me happy. 


ii. thinner or fatter? This is an interesting question. I am heavier but leaner. I could snap you in half with my horse thighs.


iii. richer or poorer? Immeasurably richer in experience!





18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


This sounds lame. Ring dips.





19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Facebook.





20. How will you be spending Christmas?


Well, since it it the first of January, Christmas is over. I spent it the same way have spent every Christmas in my adult life: Making a whirlwind tour of Western PA and Ohio.




21. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory and Battlestar Galactica, therefore cementing my place in dork-dom.


22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone. I dislike some people but that is all. 


23. What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Games series, hands down. If you haven't read it, do it now!


24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Them Crooked Vultures.


25. What did you want and get?
I wanted to start teaching at our gym and I did!


26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have no answer to this, really. I am really satisfied with how my life is!


27. What kept you sane?
CrossFit. Specifically the Tire Chops (Sledge Hammer Swings).


28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I hate to admit this but I am fascinated with Lady Gaga. Please, don't hold this against me.


29. Who did you miss?
I miss my whole family, but I really miss my grandma.


30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
I learned that it really, really, REALLY doesn't matter what people think about you. You need to do what you want and what makes you happy. Worrying about other people's reactions is just a waste of time and energy. 


That's it. I have some resolutions for 2011, most of them revolving around school and the gym. Oh, and updating my blog of course. Here is hoping for a fabulous 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment