Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hard Work and No Play

The "No Play" is sort of a lie. I consider going to the gym "play" because I suppose I am some sort of wacko. Anyway, the last few days have been very hectic at all angles, hence the lack of updates.

I have been working hard at all those fun things in life. You know, work, chores, school, etc. Some are easier than others. I did have the fun job of calling the leasing office every day this week to badger them about the washer they were supposed to have delivered on Tuesday. We got it yesterday. My patience was running thin by Thursday, because, for some reason, we create an inordinate amount of laundry for 2 people and I was running out of quarters to do them in the shared machines. They delivered it yesterday. I am kind of convinced that they just gave us our old machine back, but we'll see in the first load today.

Anyway, I worked out 5 days in a row this week and that is never a good idea for me. I took a rest day today, even though I like to go on Saturdays to see all the people I don't get to see during the week! I just couldn't do it this morning because I felt like this:


Except that I am a girl.

Friday, January 21


For Time:
21-18-15-12-9-6
Double Unders
Burpees
Box Jumps

This one was harder than it looked. The Double Unders were actually the easiest part. I know, right? I am thisclose to being able to do consecutive Double Unders. The Burpees weren't too bad and I used the 24" box for the jumps. I finished in 19:35.f

Thursday, January 20


Shoulder Press and Back Squats


For Time:
50-40-30-20-10
Sit Ups
Back Extensions

I managed to do my 3 working sets of 5 reps at 75# for shoulder press. It is what I did last time, but I failed during my second set. Next week I will try 80#

I went lighter on the Back Squats because my legs were tired. I did my 3 work sets of 5 reps at 165#. Last time was at 175#. I am not going to worry about that too much.

The rest of the workout was great. I was specifically looking for something to give our bodies a "rest" because I felt beat up, so I was pretty confident others felt the same way. I came across this WOD on the main site and thought it would be perfect. It was meant to be done on the GHD machine, but we only have one, so we used Ab Mats. I finished in 8 something. My abs felt GOOD!

Wednesday, January 19


Cindy


AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 Pulls Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Squats

Cindy is always a challenge. I did 14 rounds but I did modified Push Ups and halfway through I ripped a callous and switched to assisted Chin Ups so as not to rip any others. Ripping one is bad enough, I was not about to sacrifice my skin just for one more round of Cindy. Probably not a good CrossFitter's Creed, but seriously, losing all your skin hurts. Even with those modifications, I still got a great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment