Saturday, January 8, 2011

Raviolis and a Nap!

Today I decided to go to the running class Heather holds on Saturday mornings. I hate running. I used to run all the time because I didn't know what else to do and before long all of my joints starting at the hips and below hurt and I had shin splints that felt like they were going to explode my legs. Anyway, fast forward 2 years. I am still not a great runner and I know Heather's classes will help me so I sucked it up and went. It was really good! I am looking forward to practicing the POSE running technique she showed us so I can do better at CrossFit overall.

I stayed for the workout at 9. I don't know why I thought this was a good idea. I was sucking wind hardcore throughout the WOD and in the last round, I actually saw the room move, but at least I finished.

Saturday, January 8


4 Rounds for Time:

400m Run
10 Squat Cleans (95/65)
20 Burpees
30 Ball Slams

I used 65lbs for the Cleans and that was hard. I considered trying 95 before the WOD and I am glad I stuck with 65. The Burpees were actually not too bad. I used a 20lb ball for the Slams. I finished in 35:40. When I finished I collapsed into a heap and left a pretty sweet sweat angel on the ground. Once I recovered, I decided I was going to go home and have some raviolis and a nap. Gotta love John Pinette!

1 comment:

  1. That John Pinette clip is a great find. You also need to check out his commentary on turnips.

    ReplyDelete