Thursday, January 27, 2011

Scaling--The Cool Kids are Doing It

After much inner whining (and maybe some outer whining to DTM) and a ton of self-loathing, I have talked myself into scaling my WODs until I can get whatever it is wrong with me fixed. So I scaled my workout on Wednesday. However, digging my car out of about a foot of very wet and heavy snow this morning did nothing for my scaling efforts. DTM felt very guilty about not digging out my car but he had to get to work and I am a mostly able-bodied human being, so I told him not to worry about it. I also made him promise that he would push me around in my wheelchair when I am unable to walk by age 30. He agreed. Ah, marriage vows.

Anyway, yesterday's WOD was great!

Wednesday, January 26


The CIA 7


7 Rounds for Time:
7 Box Jumps
7 Thrusters (95/65)
7 KTE
7 Weighted Lunges (7 each side)
7 Burpees
7 KB Swings
7 Ball Slams

I modified this one from the original WOD to accommodate previous WODs this week. Here is how I scaled:

I did Box Step Ups on the 24" box instead of Jumps. I used a 45# bar for Thrusters and managed to do 3 rounds of true KTE, but then switched to modified floor ones. I used a 20# DB for the Weighted Lunges. They felt good while I was doing them but I probably should have just done regular lunges based on how I felt later that day. I used a 16kg KB for Swings and the 20# ball for Slams. I finished in 28:27. I feel like my goal of this WOD was just to scale things. I am so not good at it, but I am trying to listen to my body. For my whole life I have ignored what it has been trying to tell me and be all like "Shut up! Eye of the Tiger, Body!" But now, if I am going to be able to do CrossFit forever, I am just going to have to rest it now. Lifelong fitness is the goal of this whole pursuit.


EYE OF THE SCALED TIGER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment