Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's That Under There?

I just made you say under where! Underwear! Tee hee!

Speaking of underwear, I have a funny story. Contrary to popular belief, I do not live at the gym. I am there quite a bit, sure, but I do leave to go to my other job. Some days I have to go straight from the gym to my other job as a Project Manager at a local tech company. It is a pretty sweet gig. My bosses are cool and it is really flexible. Anyway, I had to be there earlier than usual today so I figured I would just pack my work clothes (which are considerably dressier than my workout clothes) and change at work. No problems there.

I get to work and start to get ready for the day only to realize that I was missing a certain important undergarment. Awesome. What else was I to do but spend the day wearing my compression lifting shorts in lieu of said missing garment? Thank goodness I decided to wear pants today! How do explain that fashion statement if an Underarmour logo peaks out from the hem of your skirt?

Compression shorts at the office? How scandalous!

Today was another lifting day. We did Bench Press and Deadlifts. I did 105 for the 3 work sets of 5 reps for the Bench Press. Earl was there and talked me into trying to Bench 135 once. He scares me a little (not in a bad way), so I tried it and did it! It wasn't pretty but I totally got it! Knowing that I can do it really gave me a boost of confidence.

We only did one work set of Deadlifts today and I did them at 205. Less than my last Deadlift, but my hips have been killing me all week and I didn't want to overdo it. It is so easy to hurt yourself with Deadlifts. I found this graphic and it shows exactly how you should do one.


You have GOT to remember to keep your chest big and your back tight. Reset after each lift ESPECIALLY after lifting heavy weights. Form is key here, so keep that in mind as you lift big. One of my goals is to get my 1RM up to 300. I have such a long way to go!

1 comment:

  1. This is why you should always leave a clean pair of panties in your glove box.

    ReplyDelete