Monday, February 7, 2011

Diagnosis: Big Ol' Booty

I went back to the chiropractor today to see what is going on but unfortunately for me, the x-rays didn't download to the CD the hospital gave me so I have to go shake someone down over that. Dr. Davis DID say that most women are bottom heavy and that I am one of those women. He actually said I was overly bottom heavy, using the term "steatopygia" which basically translates to a big ol' booty. After I told him he didn't need to sugar-coat things since I have been trying to squeeze this badonakadonk into jeans for almost 29 years he came out and told me I was built like a black woman. All I could think of was "I like big butts and I cannot lie!" I started giggling uncontrollably. I am so professional. Anyway, Sir Mix A Lot said that women with my "condition" tend to hurt their backs in extension, which means that if they bend back it is more likely to hurt. I have exactly the opposite of this problem. He wasn't phased by this and said that I need to work on my ab strength and the best way to do that is....wait for it.... PLANK!!!!!! Oh, you lucky gym dogs you....

My hero.
So today we kicked of the Zone/Paleo Throwdown at the gym. I'm Team Paleo myself, which will cause me only to make a few tweaks since I eat mostly Paleo anyway. What I do eat is cheese, but not a lot and not often, so cutting that out won't be a problem. I am not going to lie, I do use cream in my morning coffee, of which I will restrict myself to one cup a day. Also, I am going to visit some friends and I am going home for my sister's baby shower in the next 2 weeks and I WILL be cheating. Who thought after the Super Bowl would be a great time to start? Not one celebration in January and I didn't have to try to do anything. Thanks, kids.

We kicked off the Throwdown with Fight Gone Bad. We'll finish it with FGB as well to see how much we've improved.

Monday, Feburary 7


Fight Gone Bad

3 Rounds
Ball Slams
SDLHP (75/45)
Box Jumps
Push Press (75/45)
Row (calories)

We did Ball Slams instead of Wall Balls because we don't quite have the room to do Wall Balls yet. I started with a 20# ball but had to switch to 15# quickly because my back started yelling at me immediately. I used 45# for SDLHP and did step ups on the 20 inch box. I used 45# for Push Press and rowed between 6 and 7 calories per round. This isn't bad considering we have to go to the top level to get to a rower which wastes about 30 seconds. My overall score was 246. It is not as good as my previous core but SDLHP were killing me. The most important thing to remember, I have found, is that you need to have a wide stance in Sumo Deadlift High Pull. They are called SUMO Deadlifts for a reason. Also, people tend to forget he shoulder shrug at the end, especially when they get tired. You can do them wrong and get by OR you can do them right and get better. Choose to do them right. If you need help, check out this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment