Sunday, February 27, 2011

Strong is the New Skinny Body Transformation Challenge

One of my favorite websites Practical Paleolithic and its movement Strong is the New Skinny is hosting a Body Transformation Blog Challenge and I am taking part. I have been thinking a lot about my fitness goals as I am being severely hindered by an injury. In order to do this challenge and to keep myself in check, I am incorporating the injury into my goals. So here they are:

1. Eat clean foods and meals (meaning that I am following general Paleo guidelines) 90% percent of the time. I am doing pretty well with this, minus weekends. This one will be the hardest I think.

2. Let myself heal. I am not going to be able to go forward if I keep reinjuring my back. I know this goal should be an unsaid thing, but if you know me at all, you know I am not good at listening to myself. Now that I think about it, this one might be the hardest.

3. I would like to be able to do my previous working weights for deadlift and back squat by the end of the summer. I am not sure how long my back is going to take to heal but I know that it can take a while, so I am shooting for the end of summer. If it takes longer, so be it.

Previous working Deadlift: 215#
Previous working Back Squat: #175

4. I still want to do a frakkin' muscle up!

5. During this challenge I would like to keep track of inches lost, though I am not overly concerned with it. I do want to take note of it just so see if it changes with my diet. It should, but I would like proof. So here are my current measurements:

Waist: 29.5 inches
Hips: 36.5 inches
Thighs/butt: 40.5 inches (and this, my friends, is why I can't find jeans that fit. But I CAN squat a large amount of weight. Booyah!)

This is my new favorite picture:

Maybe another goal should be a 95# TGU!
I got the ok from Doc yesterday saying I could go all out on the WODs and that he would adjust his treatment to my training (get it? ADJUST? Bahahahaha! I love chiropractic jokes. They CRACK me up!) So I went straight to the gym after my appointment and proceeded to go all out on yesterday's WOD:

Saturday, February 26

Helen

3 Rounds for Time:

400m Run
21 KB Swings (1.5 pood)
12 Pull Ups

This is a short and sweet WOD and I scaled it down to a 1 pood KB (16kg) mostly because there is only one 1.5 pood KB at the gym and I am not exactly sure how much that weighed off the top of my head (I just looked it up, its about 52 pounds). I also did all Kipping Pull Ups with no band help. I did the whole thing in 11:00 and collapsed at the end. Also, my back is spasming so badly today I could hardly get out of bed. Fantastic. I am typing this up while wearing my super sexy old lady heating pad.


So much for all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment