Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gimme a Break!

I could probably crush 2 or 3 or 20 of these right now.
Sometimes all I want out of life is a nice, giant chocolate treat and a nap. Not necessarily in that order. You see, I hate being busy and running from place to place and thing to thing. Unfortunately, modern life seems to demand this. I fight it as much as possible, meaning I try not to leave my house for any reason except the gym on Saturdays and Sundays. Thank goodness DTM is the same way or he might really hate me. We like routine, we like things the same way each weekend, and a treat for us is buying steak at Costco and cooking it for Saturday night dinner. For whatever reason, that is how we reestablish our calm and recharge our batteries. I am thankful for this because I feel like I have been running on empty for some time now.

I spent the first part of last week in Ohio, with my sister and her beautiful baby boy, Miles. We did spend a lot of time relaxing on the couch and napping. Well, actually it was Miles that napped. Growing is hard work! I had a really great time at home and wish I could have stayed there for the rest of the week, knowing what was waiting for me when I got home.

The rest of the week was a rush of school work and work work. I got more tired and frustrated as the week went on and by the time I was done with school on Friday night, I was ready to throw in the towel on school for good. It did not help that I had a headache from the weather for the better part of the week.

Last night, however, made everything right with the world. I spent it was DTM, cooking steak and cauliflower, watching Animal House, and enjoying some white zinfadel (no judging!). It was just what I needed!

I managed to keep up working out when I was away. I opted for shorter, more intense workouts because I wanted to spend as much time as possible with Miles and my family. Also, my back decided it didn't like the change in routine and decided to spasm and working out really does make it feel better. Specifically, burpees. Lucky me!

Here were some of the workouts I did at home:


For Time:

400m Run
100 Squats
400m Run
75 Squats
400m Run
50 Squats
400m Run
25 Squats

I used a treadmill for the run, so it took some time for it to warm up for each run. Also, I had done squats in previous workouts because they are easy to do one the road. I finished in about 17 minutes and I was pleased about that.

5 Rounds for Time:

20 V-Ups
30 Push Ups
40 Squats

I had to modify the V-Ups to Knees to Chest for my back. I also did modified Push Ups. The Squats went slow too. I Don't remember my time for this, but it was under 20 minutes.

The last 2 gym WODs have been doozies!

Saturday, April 2


Lunge Extravaganza


For Time:

100ft Twisting Lunge
10 DB Shoulder Press
100ft Twisting Lunge
10 DB Push Press
100ft Twisting Lunge
10 DB Push Jerk
100ft Twisting Lunge
10 DB Hang Cleans
100ft Twisting Lunge
10 DB Snatches (10L/10R)
100ft Twisting Lunge
10 DB Press Wipers

I used a 25# DB for the Lunges and Shoulder Press and 30# for everything else. I finished in 18:10. I don't think the lunges were exactly 100ft, but that is ok. My badonkadonk is sore today.

Friday, April 1


Almost Alison

400m Run
100-75-50-25 KB
50 Tire Chops

This WOD is four rounds with the KB Swing reps decreasing by 25 each round. I used a 16kg KB for all of the Swings, but it was hard. I needed to stop often an rest my back, but I did finish. I also used a 10# Sledge hammer for the Chops. I finished in 32:46. Not the best, but ok nonetheless.

Alright, time for my nap!

This is my napping position!

No comments:

Post a Comment