|How sad. Or fortunate. Have you ever been to Wyoming in winter?|
Why was I in Wyoming? That is a fantastic question. We went for DTM's brother's wedding! We flew out to Denver, CO and then drove to Laramie from there with DTM's mom, step-dad, and two aunts, both of whom I have never met. One of the aunts also brought her significant other. It made for a very full Suburban.
I hate to say this but I was not looking forward to the trip for several reasons, none of them having to do with the wedding. You see, I hate traveling. Hate it. I hate driving to the airport. I hate waiting in the security line. I hate waiting to board. I hate being shoved in the middle seat, as I almost always am, and having to passive aggressively arm wrestle the fat guy next to me for some arm rest space. I hate waiting to deplane. I hate waiting for luggage. I absolutely hate riding in the car for longer than an hour. Lucky for me, it was a 3 and a half to 4 hour flight and a 2 hour drive. I was just a ball of joy when we finally got to the hotel.
When we reached the hotel, I felt sure we were being filmed for some campy Christmas Wedding movie. As we were unloading the giant vehicle we rented to get all of us to Laramie, a campy Christmas wedding song was playing in the lobby. It was surreal and I was channeling Chevy Chase.
We went about our various wedding duties to prepare for the big day, which only added to my stress because I had to meet new people. I get very anxious about meeting new people. I know, I am a hott mess. The only thing that kept me from not completely losing it was the fact that this was for a wedding. DTM's brother was marrying one of the nicest, most wonderful people I have ever met and I was NOT going to cause a scene.
The big day went off without a hitch. Here we all are in our wedding finery. Other than my sister's wedding dress, Beth (the bride) wore the most gorgeous dress I have ever seen.
|We are a good looking bunch!|
This trip also made me learn a few things about myself:
- Apparently, somewhere along the lines I became Captain CrossFit. My bag needed to be searched because the TSA agents thought my taped lacrosse balls I brought for my back were highly unusual.
- If under great enough stress I will, in fact, drink red wine. And like it.
- Tremendous amounts of turbulence makes me sicker than a dog.
- I still don't know when to keep my mouth shut. The following actually happened during the cake cutting:
Me to DTM: "He better not shove that cake on her face and if he does, she should tell him he isn't getting any. Ever."
Her mother was right in front of me when I said this. And she heard it. Fantastic
- I should always, ALWAYS pack gym clothes. I didn't and actually had a little time to workout. Working out in jammies is not that awesome. Especially when the workout is 100 burpees for time.
- No matter how wonderful I think burpees are, doing them at 7200 feet is NOT the same as doing them in a low lying swamp. I think I am still catching my breath from that escapade.
- I still hate traveling.
Best wishes to Beth and Patrick for their new life together!
|The happy newlyweds!|