Monday, January 30, 2012

Franemies

I hear your name and my stomach drops.
Those little butterflies of insecurity flutter.
I remember you.

The last time we met, you kicked me to the ground,
Heaving and gasping for air.
I vowed to never care about you again.
But I do.

And when I waited for you today, I told myself it was alright.
I wasn't going to let your overbearing sense of superiority get me.
And it didn't.
And I killed you.

Take that, Fran.

- Alison, January 30, 2012.

So I will be the first to admit that I surely deserve some sort of poetry award for that tome of awesomeness above. I mean, seriously.

For those of you who are about to report me for killing someone named Fran, fret not. She is just the evil mother of all workouts in CrossFit. Here she is in her entirety:

"Fran"
21-15-9
Thrusters (95/65)
Pull Ups

No one likes her. She is hard. She is fast. She is purely wicked. And today I finished her in 4:46 as prescribed. Previous best you ask? 5:53. Boo to the ya. I am so excited I just had to share. I know, I need to get a life. No one knows this more than I.

I also pr-ed on my one rep max for deadlift today. 255. Last year at this time, I couldn't even pickup an EMPTY laundry basket because I had hurt my back so badly. Improvement? I think so.

Three years of CrossFit have been good to me. I leave you with this because it made me laugh hysterically:

I need a wine glass like that STAT!
FRANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment