Not only has my body changed for the better, so has my health, my stress, and my attitude (well, mostly...) Most days I feel like this:
|Lieven took this picture. It is for my bio here.|
Anyway, I looked at my goals from last year and they seem rather pathetic. In fact, I really didn't achieve any of them. Here they are:
- Complete 6 classes in Kinesiology. I finished 5 of them. All A's too.
- Do a muscle up and complete a WOD with them. Did not happen. I am getting good at jumping muscle ups though. In all fairness, I didn't work on them.
- Deadlift 300#. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Earn my Level 2 Cert. It isn't an option because HQ is still "Working on it." I did take the Coaches Prep Course. It was awesome.
- Master Ring Dips. I didn't master them but I can do them unassisted now.
- Bench press my body weight. I can do this but it isn't important to me anymore.
- Maintain a Paleo diet. Done.
I decided this year I am not going to set goals based on physical performance. Not that I don't have those goals. Would I like to deadlift 300# some day. I would like to do muscle ups. But you know what? I don't care about when it happens. I would also like to do handstand pushups.
I also noticed that my goals changed throughout the past year as well. I decided I wanted to be a full time trainer and now I am one. I decided that I would give my body a chance to heal and while it isn't always easy, I am trying to do that. I don't care so much about how many classes I complete, because that really doesn't give me the knowledge I need to be a better trainer.
This year I am going to go about things a little differently. I would like to earn some more certifications. I am not just talking about CrossFit stuff too. I would like to get the USAW Olympic Lifting cert. I would like to be more knowledgeable about how to help people suffering from injuries train safely. DTM and I are trying to stick to Paleo better. We do mostly but DTM was on the fence and now he is all in. We even got a food processor.
Also, a muscle up would be super.